Welcome to KubeInit’s documentation!
KubeInit provides Ansible playbooks and roles for the deployment and configuration of multiple Kubernetes distributions.
The source code of Kubeinit is hosted on GitHub.
For issue reports please use the GitHub Kubeinit issue tracker.
To get help, feel free to also create an issue on GitHub with your question.
For a more interactive chat, join the the channel #kubeinit.
If you want to contribute to the project (code, docs, …), please refer to the contributing docs.
First thing first, thank you to all KubeInit’s contributors.
ccamacho - 1073 contributions
gmarcy - 113 contributions
yrobla - 28 contributions
nadenf - 8 contributions
0xbboyd - 3 contributions
rmlandvreugd - 3 contributions
cgoguyer - 2 contributions
iqre8 - 2 contributions
Bilal-io - 2 contributions
jeffabailey - 1 contribution
jbadiapa - 1 contribution
Rajpratik71 - 1 contribution
raghavendra-talur - 1 contribution
sean-m-sullivan - 1 contribution
KubeInit’s mission is to have a fully automated way to deploy in a single command a curated list of prescribed architectures based on the following principles (G.I.V.E.).
Guide new and experienced users and contributors to deploy quickly and easily Kubernetes clusters based on a set of prescribed architectures.
Incentivate new users and contributors to overcoming the learning curve to successfully deploy complex Kubernetes scenarios.
Verify automatically that the defined prescribed architectures work seamlessly.
Engage with the upstream community for giving and receiving feedback, and cross-pollination to spark and amplify creativity, serendipity, and interdisciplinary friction.
- Documented roles in KubeInit
- Role - kubeinit_apache
- Role - kubeinit_apps
- Role - kubeinit_bind
- Role - kubeinit_cdk
- Role - kubeinit_dnsmasq
- Role - kubeinit_eks
- Role - kubeinit_haproxy
- Role - kubeinit_k8s
- Role - kubeinit_kid
- Role - kubeinit_kubevirt
- Role - kubeinit_libvirt
- Role - kubeinit_nexus
- Role - kubeinit_nfs
- Role - kubeinit_nodered
- Role - kubeinit_openshift
- Role - kubeinit_openstack
- Role - kubeinit_openwhisk
- Role - kubeinit_prepare
- Role - kubeinit_registry
- Role - kubeinit_rke
- Role - kubeinit_services
- Role - kubeinit_setup
- Role - kubeinit_submariner
- Role - kubeinit_validations
- Documented modules in KubeInit
- HowTo’s and presentations
- Inventory diagrams
- Playbook diagrams
- playbook task task-gather-facts
- playbook task task-prepare-hypervisors
- playbook task task-prepare-environment
- playbook task task-cleanup-hypervisors
- playbook task task-run-validations
- playbook task task-create-network
- playbook task task-create-services
- playbook task task-prepare-cluster [cdk]
- playbook task task-prepare-cluster [eks]
- playbook task task-prepare-cluster [k8s]
- playbook task task-prepare-cluster [kid]
- playbook task task-prepare-cluster [rke]
- playbook task task-prepare-cluster [okd]
- playbook task task-download-images
- playbook task task-deploy-cluster [cdk]
- playbook task task-deploy-cluster [eks]
- playbook task task-deploy-cluster [k8s]
- playbook task task-deploy-cluster [kid]
- playbook task task-deploy-cluster [rke]
- playbook task task-deploy-cluster [okd]
- playbook task task-post-deployment
- v2.1.0 - Release date: 2022-04-12
- v2.0.1 - Release date: 2021-12-24
- v2.0.0 - Release date: 2021-09-30
- v1.0.2 - Release date: 2021-03-19
- v1.0.1 - Release date: 2021-03-10
- v1.0.0 - Release date: 2021-02-05
- v0.6.5 - Release date: 2020-12-15
- v0.6.4 - Release date: 2020-12-09
- v0.6.3 - Release date: 2020-12-08
- v0.6.2 - Release date: 2020-12-04
- v0.6.1 - Release date: 2020-11-23
- v0.6.0 - Release date: 2020-11-20
- v0.5.7 - Release date: 2020-10-21
- v0.5.6 - Release date: 2020-10-21
- v0.5.4 - Release date: 2020-10-21